The big day is almost here. The one where all your friends and family gather around to watch football and eat until your heart’s content.
If you are tired of the same old buffalo chicken dip and pizza, Adrian, our Business Development Operations Manger and resident chef has some great and easy ideas to spice up your spread.
Bacon Wrapped BBQ & Pineapple Jalapeno Poppers
Here’s what you will need:
10 jalapeno peppers
- Slice peppers lengthwise then remove and discard sees and core. Do not do this with your bare hands – use a paring knife and latex gloves.
1 8oz package of cream cheese – at room temperature
1 20oz can crushed pineapple
1 16oz package bacon – NOT thick cut (center cut works best)
Light corn syrup
Here’s what you’ll do:
Open can of pineapple and drain most of the liquid. Sprinkle 1 tablespoon of brown sugar and add 1 teaspoon of light corn syrup. Stir and let sit for about 10 min.
Pour pineapple into a mesh strainer and drain thoroughly: the drier the pineapple the better.
Using a hand mixer, beat cream cheese till mostly smooth and add drained pineapple mix to combine.
Line a baking sheet with foil and lightly spray with cooking spray. Begin filling the peppers with the cream cheese mixture (not too full as the mixture will “puff up” a little while baking), and place them on the baking sheet.
One all the peppers are filled, take one slice of bacon per pepper and wrap the filled pepper. Place back on the baking sheet.
Bake at 380 degrees for about 45 minutes. Brush or drizzle with BBQ sauce, and bake for another 10-15minutes or until done. (You can save yourself some mess by putting the BBQ sauce in a Ziploc sandwich bag, seal it shut, snip off corner and use this to pipe the BBQ sauce over the peppers!)
The Big Game Chex Mix
3 cups Corn Chex® cereal
3 cups Rice Chex® cereal
3 cups Wheat Chex® cereal
2 cup honey mustard flavor small pretzel twists, pieces or nuggets
1 cup smoked almonds
4 tablespoons butter or margarine
3 tablespoon yellow mustard or hot & spicy mustard
2 tablespoon honey
2 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Heat oven to 275 degrees.
- In a medium sized Aluminum Baking tin, mix cereals, pretzels and almonds.
- In small sauce pan on med – melt butter, then add mustard, honey, and seasoned salt. Stir and bring to a slow boil.
- Pour sauce over the cereal mixture and stir till well mixed.
- Bake uncovered for 45 minutes, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool completely (giving it a little stir every 5 minutes or so).
- Store in airtight container